Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Protein Balls


Yay it's fall! That means I can get as many cans of pumpkin as I like for the cheapest price, fill my basket to the brim with pumpkin, and no one will even take a second glance at me! I absolutely love fall, and lately I've been absolutely loving mornings. For the last few days I've been waking up around 7 am (except for this morning, I slept in until 9 ;) ) just to wake up and enjoy the part of the day I normally sleep through. I've found that waking up after exactly 8 hours of sleep gives me the much needed energy I usually lack, so I wake up around 7, shower, make myself a nice cup of coffee and just relax and get myself in order for the rest of the day. There's one thing that I never do though; I never have breakfast. I've never really been a huge breakfast person - my comically large ramekin-mug full of coffee usually suffices as breakfast for me. And halfway through my morning, I'm sluggish and struggling to stay awake (coincidence? I'll shamefully take that as a no...). These little babies are the perfect little thing to have with my morning coffee to keep me going until lunch! Heck, I might even have one or two with lunch to keep me going until dinner ;)



These little yumballs are the perfect snack. They're quick to make, they make enough to last about a week, and they're bursting with fall flavors! They're chewy from the peanut butter and pumpkin, with a sweet crunch from the toffee bits. They are just to die for. I just made a batch and I'm probably going to make another one before tonight is over! I can't wait to share these with you guys, let's get started!

It's super simple! Take all of these...

And make it into this! Put it in the fridge to firm up a bit for 15 minutes

Take it out and form little balls. Place each little ball in an airtight container on a piece of wax paper. Make sure none of them are touching and make one layer on the bottom leaving a good inch between each ball.

Place another sheet on top of the first layer. Press down a little on each ball, make it look like they're poking their little noses onto the paper :) Then go ahead and place the last layer of balls on top of that. You should be able to make exactly 20 balls out of one batch. Store the container in the freezer. Let them stay there for at least an hour before you dig into them to give them a chance to firm up. Once they're frozen, have at it! They are the cutest most delicious things since mini tartlets! And with such a low calorie count, it's no wonder I have a new obsession ;)

Calorie Count: 56 calories per ball
Ingredients:
1 cup oats
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup packed pure pumpkin puree
3 Tbsp pancake syrup
Toffee Bits to taste

1.) Put all ingredients into bowl, stir until fully combined
2.) Place bowl in fridge for 15 minutes
3.) Take cold "dough" and form into small balls
4.) Store in airtight container with wax paper. Keep in freezer for up to a month. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...