Friday, September 27, 2013

Pumpkin Bread


Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying those pumpkin pie protein balls ;) I have another great breakfast recipe for you today! When I was younger I used to bake a lot with my father. He put my foot in the pastry door with break apart cookies, and I've never looked back. When I got a little older he got more and more into baking and cooking, and he found this recipe for pumpkin bread, and he made it a few times until he got it just right, but when he did, it was the most delicious bread I've ever tasted! Now, I'm not sure which recipe he used, but the one I'm using reminds me of school mornings when there would be pumpkin bread in the house and I would sneak a slice for breakfast before I headed out the door! It's moist, it's dense, it's just scrumptious. Topped with my homemade healthy peanut butter frosting, this treat is the most enjoyable breakfast recipe I've ever made!



Much like the last recipe, this bread is so super simple to make. Just combine all of your ingredients, and mix them up in a bowl.
Then pour it into a loaf pan, and top with whatever kind of crust you'd like. If you'd like a plain crust, don't put anything on top. If you're like me and like a little bit of crunch, sprinkle about 1/4 of a cup of brown sugar and a small handful of oats on top.

Go ahead and pop that beautiful mess in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 F.
Tada!! Let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, and then transfer it to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way. Be careful when you transfer it to the rack that the toppings don't fall off completely. I didn't press mine down at all so they baked on top of the loaf instead of into/with it. So when I flipped it over out of the loaf pan, half of the crust came off with it... But once cooled (and halved to give a friend some to take home with the frosting), I put the topping that fell off in a tupperware container with the half of the loaf that was mine. It works out quite well. And if I eat the whole loaf without the topping, I'll just save the extra topping for ice cream ;)

114 calories per slice

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup flour
1 heaping cup pure pumpkin
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 stick butter
2 eggs
2 heaping tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder

1.) Combine all ingredients in bowl, mix with hand mixer until fully combined. Mixture will be lumpy
2.) Pour batter into pregreased loaf pan. Top with desired toppings. Put loafpan into preheated 350F oven. Bake for 45 minutes
3.) Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, transfer to wire rack
4.) Slice, top with whipped cream cheese or Peanut Butter Frosting. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...