Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pillsbury's Pepperoni Pizza Bake


Okay Pillsbury, you got me! I want to try every single recipe you've got with your biscuits! And I just might ;) Today's Pillsbury recipe is The Pepperoni Pizza Bake. We love biscuits in this house, and we've done a bunch of things with them (mainly pigs in a blanket style with hot dogs and cheese) but tonight I was just having a HUGE brain fart... To the internet! One quick search brought me to Pillsbury's biscuit recipes section. And I clicked through so many delicious looking recipes, that I've decided: here at Cooking Class Hero, we're going to try them all! They all look so amazing, I just can't wait to show you guys how good they are.



I happened to have some leftover turkey pepperoni on hand from pizza a few nights ago, and everyone knows how much I love pizza, and this seemed like the perfect non-time consuming recipe to pull out and pop in the oven as soon as Mr. H got home from work. The prep is super easy, and quite honestly did not take as much time as I thought.

Looking at the recipe, I thought cutting the biscuits into 8 pieces was going to take forever. Honestly, how often do you cut an already small-ish object into 8 more tiny pieces? Anyway, it was super easy; and it was about the only work involved in this recipe so I can't even complain! I will say though that maybe since I wasn't using Pillsbury biscuits, this may have been the issue, but 1 can of biscuits only covered about 3/4 of the pan. Not wanting to leave the empty spaces, I improvised. I had a small can of 4 crescent rolls in the fridge, so I cut those up and filled in the last quarter of the pan.

Toss all of that together and it'll look something like a delicious raw mess. Don't forget to grease your pan! The Pillsbury site says to use a glass baking dish, but honestly I don't have one. And my regular one seemed to do the trick just fine. Once that's all in the pan, go ahead and place your pepperonis on top as randomly or nicely as you like. Then top the whole thing with the rest of your cheese (yum). Pop that bad boy in the oven for 20 minutes.

Let it cool for about 5 minutes so it has time to come back together and so you don't burn your mouth on the deliciousness. Especially if you're like me and dove into the aforementioned pizza a bit too early and burned your mouth already... a second mouth burning does not sound pleasant. Plus, this is too delicious to not enjoy!  It was so hard to take pictures of this before I dug in. I took 1 bite and immediately came to the conclusion that this needs a layer of sauce before the cheese topping. There just isn't enough sauce for me; maybe you like only a little bit of sauce and this would be perfect for you. But, there wasn't enough flavor more than the biscuits, so I reached for any condiments I would like pizza with. I chose ranch, but I think this would be fantastic with some marinara or just plain pasta sauce!

Either way, this is delicious and if the rest of the Pillsbury biscuit recipes are this great, I can't wait to get to the next one! Until next time you guys, enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 can biscuits
8 oz pizza sauce
2 cups shredded cheese
Pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni)

1.) In large bowl, combine pizza sauce and shredded cheese
2.) Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces and toss with sauce and cheese
3.) Spread into 9x13 pan and bake at 375 F for 20 minutes or until gold and bubbly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...