Thursday, April 24, 2014

S'mores Cookie Cups

Hi guys! This week I'm coming at you with a recipe from... 9 hours ago! It's true, this week I was so awful in procrastinating I didn't pick a recipe until 11 am. I must say though, I picked an awesome one! It was a toss up between these and a trial recipe that someone suggested a few days ago. Unfortunately I was a little slow to start this morning and sat on Reddit for entirely way too long, so my time constraint decided on these amazing S'mores Cookie Cups! I promise they are every bit as delicious as they sound ;)

These things are little time consuming, but still super simple and oh so very delicious! Let's get started!




Mix together your flour and baking powder. Then cut your cold butter into your sugar.


Cream together the butter and sugar. And yes, it will look a bit like popcorn :)

Add your egg! (Not pictured is the extracts because I forgot to take a picture!)

Mix together the flour and butter mixtures. It will look a bit sandy, but after you pull it together with a mixer, go back and make it solid with your hands. Just knead the dough until it comes together in one big ball of dough.

Take a ball of dough and pop it in the muffin tin. Then push it in to form the shape of the hole and compact the dough in there.


Smooth out the top so it's uniform and there are no cracks. Even out the edges so it doesn't look frayed!

Pop these bad boys in the oven for about 14 minutes or until the edges just barely start to brown. You still want the insides to be a little teensy bit underdone so make sure you don't brown these too much!

Pop them out of the molds and cut out a circle in the middle of the cup. Pop off the top of the little cylinder you just made and use the remaining dough in the cup to form a solid base. I find it's best if you put the cups back into the molds to do this step as it gives a much more solid form and base to the bottoms. Use your finger to compact the remaining dough down into the bottom to make a solid cavity for your s'mores filling. I did a few in my hand (I didn't put the cup back in the muffin tin after I cut the top off), and the pressure I put on the insides of the cup broke the bottoms. So keeping them in the mold definitely helps to keep the bottom intact and strong.


Fill it with chocolate chips!


In an attempt to melt the chocolate chips, after I filled each cup with chocolate chips, I put them in a large container with the lid on to keep the heat in. Once they had melted a little, I put more chips in there.

Place them all on a cookie sheet and top each one with a little flower of mini marshmallows.

Pop them in the oven until you like the color! I didn't have a super lot of time so mine were relatively pale. If you had a foodgrade torch, I would definitely recommend using it! But if not, the oven works just fine. Just make sure you turn down the heat on your oven!


Enjoy!

Ingredients:

3 cups flour
2 t baking soda
2 sticks butter (cold)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 t almond extract
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 bag mini marshmallows

1.) Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and mix together. Cream together butter and sugar.
2.) Add in egg and extracts
3.) Slowly add in flour mixture
4.) Lightly grease muffin tins. Press dough into each hole. Fill completely, then smooth out tops and make small indent in the middle
5.) Bake at 350 for 14 minutes or until sides just start to brown.
6.) Turn oven to 275. Cut out middles of each cookie cup and fill with chocolate chips. Then top each cup with a flower of marshmallows.
7.) Place each cup on a cookie sheet, then put in the oven until marshmallows have become gooey and slightly melted together with some color. Best enjoyed warm!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...