Friday, June 27, 2014

Walking Tacos


Portable food has always been the coolest form of food for me. I mean seriously, why would I have pizza in actual pizza form when I can grab a bag of little mini pizza rolls and pop them in my mouth while I walk to the park? Or why would I have a slice of cake when I can grab a little cup full of the same stuff maybe even with a fun surprise filling in the middle? Portable food is my favorite kind of food, so the only surprise here is how long it's taken me to make these!





Before we start today, I'd like to thank the special new man-hands in today's post :) The person attached to those hands was incredibly patient this week with me going "Hey can you hold this spoon this way?" and "Hey come hold my food for me so I can take a picture from an obscure angle!" And somehow I didn't scare him away :P So hopefully we'll be seeing much more of man-hands (that's what we're calling him now)!

Anyway, let's get started!


Not pictured is the ground beef, half because I didn't want to make the shot too big and half because you could use any ground meat you want! Well... here's a picture for you anyway :) Can't say I wasn't specific about my recipe pictures!


Moving on.. First thing's first take your bag of chips and crush them up a bit. Then open the bag and fold the top over to make a lip so it's a big easier to dig your spoon to the bottom when you're ready!


Make your taco meat. I add the seasoning and about half a small can of tomato paste at the beginning with the water and then mix it all together. The tomato paste is a great idea if you have picky eaters that don't like chunks of tomato but you still want that tangy flavor.


And now what looks like flying meat! (I need to put more lighting in my kitchen so my shots are cleaner haha) Put your meat in the bag of crushed chips.










And now cheese...


And then whatever other toppings you like :) I put salsa in mine, but Man-Hands has some pretty simple taste so he stuck with meat and cheese.


Man-Hands likes walking tacos, but he had a bit of a problem towards the end of his first bag that I did not encounter. He didn't quite mix his up enough so he was left with a BUNCH of crushed chips at the bottom. He was boring and switched to a bowl for his second bag and in the bowl he put in meat first and then chips so he didn't run into that problem. If you mix enough though, you'll have a lovely homogeneous-ish mixture of meat, chips, and toppings.



Enjoy!


Ingredients:

Personal size Dorito's bags
1 lb ground meat
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 can of tomato paste
Taco toppings

1.) Crush up bag of chips, and fold over top to make kind of a bowl.
2.) Brown ground beef, follow instructions on taco seasoning packet, add in the tomato paste and mix together thoroughly, cook until no liquid remains
3.) Put beef, cheese, and any other toppings you like in the bag of chips, mix thoroughly!!!
4.) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...