Thursday, April 17, 2014

Black Bean Burgers

Do these look amazing, or do they look amazing? Because I think they look amazing :) These black bean burgers were seriously good, and I'll be honest, I was really surprised! I've always heard that black bean burgers are fantastic, but the thought of a burger without any meat was honestly just a huge turnoff. But, I had a can of black beans that I just had no clue what to do with, so I figured now was as good a time as any! Being that it's super low calorie while still being tasty and super easy on my wallet, I think we'll be going vegetarian Saturday nights from now on!

These burgers are super easy, and even better they're super cheap! It's not any sort of texture you're expecting when you bite into a burger. But between the smell and the taste of these burgers, texture be damned, I honestly didn't miss the meat! Enough teasing, let's get started :)


First, drain, rinse, and mash your beans.


Then dump everything else in there, and mush!


Tada! :)

And now make patties...

I had a few other things to do for dinner, so I put all my patties on a plate and put them in the fridge for a few hours while I did my other recipes. But of course you absolutely don't have to do that, you can just skip straight to cooking :)

I apparently forgot to take pictures of them cooking, but here they are cooked! Golden brown and delicious :) You can serve these on regular burger buns, or on some pita bread (foreshadowing blog posts? Mayhaps ;) )

Enjoy you guys!

Ingredients:
1 can black beans - drained and rinsed
1 egg
1/2 sweet onion - minced
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 t dried oregano
1 t dried basil
1 t garlic powder
Salt + Pepper to taste
Hot sauce to taste

1.) Mash black beans with fork, then add remaining ingredients. Form patties, then fry on each side until golden brown and heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...