Thursday, March 20, 2014

Double Chocolate Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies



Are you ready for the most amazing end to your week? Today I'm going to share the most amazing cookie recipe I think I've ever made! It may be super time consuming and definitely an arm workout, but in the end they're so worth it! The chocolate cookie base makes this dense and fudgy, the added brownie chunks and melted chocolate chips make these absolutely to die for! I made mine small because honestly if I had made them any bigger, I wouldn't be able to eat a whole one; they're are incredibly rich!



Goodness gracious these cookies are amazing, I don't even want to keep you waiting for the recipe:


Remember those brownies I shared with you last week? Grab a pan of those and crumble them up into chunks as big as you like (mine were pretty big as I absolutely love brownies).


Cream together your butter, sugar, and eggs. Then add in your cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. You can start this with a mixer, but closer to the end you'll need to finish it off with a spatula. The batter should be extremely thick, almost like biscuit dough at this point. This is where the arm work out starts, make sure you've gotten all the flour into your batter, you don't want some sections of powdery dough.


And the workout continues! Add in the chocolate chips and the brownie chunks folding them in with your spatula. This is going to be extremely difficult, but I promise you'll gain arms of steel (and maybe another 3 pounds from the cookies...)!


Wrap the dough to touch, and stick it in the fridge overnight. You could bake these now if you like, however I found it much more beneficial to keep it cold overnight so as to make much more solid balls in the morning when I baked them.


In the morning, take the dough out and let it sit at room temperature for about an hour to let the dough become a little bit more pliable. More pliable is the key word here, the dough will be extremely stiff, and it will be a serious work out to get these into ball. Take as much dough as you like and form it into a very smooth ball These cookies do not spread in the oven because of how dense they are, so feel free to pack the pan full of these! Bake them at 350 for 8 minutes.


When you remove them from the oven, they'll still be in the shape of the balls that you put them in as. Immediately after you take them out, press your fork into the top of your cookies (like a peanut butter cookie) to make a criss cross pattern and to mold the cookies into an actual cookie shape and out of their ball shape. Let them cool for about 20 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack.



Get yourself a glass of milk, and dig in!!

Ingredients:

2.5 sticks of butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 package chocolate chips
1 pan brownies, crumbled into chunks

1.) Cream butter and sugar, then add in eggs and vanilla
2.) Add in flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda, finish dough with spatula.
3.) Add in chocolate chips and brownie chunks, then wrap to touch in bowl and put into fridge overnight
4.) Take dough out and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour, then form dough into 1 inch balls. Place close together on pan, then bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Immediately after taking out of oven, use fork to make criss cross pattern on top of cookies. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot even begin to explain how amazing these cookies turned out. I brought them to work for my warehouse workers, most of them dislike sweets in general but they ate every single one of these cookies within the first half hour of me bringing them in. As I posted in the Easy Chocolate Brownies recipe, I ate about half of the brownies before they even touched the cookie batter because they were so yummy, but the cookies still came out great. The recipe for the cookie dough balances out the brownies beautifully. Again, the recipe is super easy to follow, definitely fool-proof. What I love most about this recipe is the amount of cocoa powder added, my chocolate cookies always come out powdery because of the cocoa powder but these cookies came out perfect. My workers have requested I make these Double Chocolate Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies weekly. Overall, 5 Stars (:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...