Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Indian Dinner Series: Episode 3 - Chicken and Potato Curry

Yumm!!! Oh my gosh you guys. I know I've been gushing for weeks about how much I love indian food and how NOT sorry I am for giving you guys a month of recipes for it, but this one is just phenomenal. It's not my grandma's, but it's definitely delicious! It's full of savory spices with not too much heat. With a cup of rice, it's just amazing!



One of the things I love about curry is that it's so versatile. Pick a meat, pick a vegetable, add some potatoes, add some rice, you've got a meal. It's also one of those great meals that you cane an abundance of and have great leftovers for days with! And they're great reheated too! Let's get started, shall we?
The first thing you'll need to do is heat some oil in a very large skillet and saute the onions for 2 minutes, then drop in the chicken pieces and fry for another 2 minutes.
Then drop in your curry paste, with 2 T of water to make sure that you don't burn your paste. Stir it all up and mix it around so the paste coats the chicken evenly.
Then drop in your tomatoes, potatoes, and water and stir those in entirely.
Then cover the entire skillet, and let it simmer for a good 30 minutes! I took this time to clean up the giant mess I had made with all the other recipes I had on my plate that day. And then I made rice :)
Yum. :)



Ingredients:
2 T oil
1 medium onion - diced
1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cubed
3 T curry paste
6 small potatoes, peeled and diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
2 T chopped fresh cilantro
2 T plain greek yogurt
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch salt
1 pinch sugar

1.) Heat oil in pot, fry onions for 2 minutes, then add chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
2.) Add in the curry paste, and 2 T of water so you don't burn the paste, and stir until completely incorporated. Saute for 2 minutes, then add potatoes and fry for another 3 minutes.
3.) Stir in tomatoes and water, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through and potatoes are fork tender.
4.) Stir in yogurt, cilantro, pepper, salt, and sugar. Serve over rice or with naan or paratha. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...