Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Cookies

I have been gone for a very long time! It's been a very busy time for me lately as I've been trying to find a second job (I did get one, thanks!), and also trying to write and memorize my speech for an event on ISU campus for sexual and domestic violence. I'm so excited for this speech, it's my first speech as a part of RAINN. The event is Tuesday and I've somehow only managed to memorize half of it! If any of you are in the area and would like to attend, above is a flyer for the event. I'd love to see you all there! The night will consist of a few survivors speaking of their experience, and then I'm told there will be a march around the campus and then some safe spots will be set up if you find anyone that you would like to talk to more about whatever, and then a candlelight vigil. It'll be a fun night, and it'll be very emotional, but it'll be entirely worth it! Hope to see you there :)



On another note, I'll admit, other than working my one job and dozens upon dozens of interviews to find another job, I've been slacking on my other responsibilities (namely the blog). But I'd like to make a schedule for this site. Working 2 jobs is gonna be rough, and with working a whole buttload of hours a week, I'm going to be extremely tired so I'd like to make Thursday my post day. I know once a week isn't what I started at, and if I had the time and the money, I would go back to posting every day like I used to. But once a week will give me enough time during the week to pick a meal to make (or dessert if I have enough free time) and take pictures in one day, and spend the other 5 days slowly writing the post for it. And in all honestly, it's better than me being absent for weeks on end.

Since I've been gone for so long, I decided I needed to come back with a bang! We're still in the middle of October and that means I can still get away with pumpkin everything! (Not that I won't try once November rolls around, mind you). So tonight Mr. H and I were planning on a movie night, and I thought, "What better to enjoy Harry Potter for the millionth time than cookies?" And I didn't want just any old cookies, I wanted something new, something gooey and moist and delicious. And with a very large jar of Nutella, and 2 cans of pumpkin in the cabinet, I thought it was time to get rid of some of it.

So here we go! Mix all of your wet ingredients in a bowl, and then all of your dry ingredients in another.

Drop some of the dry ingredients into the wet and mix, until all of your mixtures are now one.

Drop in spoonfuls of Nutella to taste, and mix very gently until desired swirl effect occurs throughout your batter. Do not overmix! When you think it's almost done, stop!

Drop tablespoonfuls onto baking tray, and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Let rest for 10 minutes on tray, then switch to wire cooling racks to cool the rest of the way. Enjoy!

Calorie Count per Cookie: 91 calories
Ingredients:
Bowl 1:
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Bowl 2:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Nutella to taste



1.) Mix together all ingredients for bowl 1, then mix together all ingredients for bowl 2.
2.) Slowly mix bowl 2 into bowl 1 in 3-4 additions until all of bowl 2 is gone.
3.) Scatter in dollops of Nutella around batter, then gently fold in until about 20% mixed. 
4.) Place batter in fridge for at least 30 minutes, then place tablespoon sized balls onto baking trays and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...