Friday, October 4, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Donuts

I'm sorry to be gone so long you guys, this week was kind of stressful. But on the bright side, look who finally got her license!
That's right! Yours truly is now firmly planted in 18, drivers license and all. Pretty soon (3-ish weeks) I'll have a car to go along with it (Thanks Dan H.)! I'm so excited, I even got a great picture! How lucky is that? I look half dead in my State ID picture. Anyway, I think this is cause for celebration. And what better to celebrate with, than donuts? I think nothing!
Now, the reason I love these donuts so much is because it takes only 4 ingredients that are honestly staples in this house. You guys know I'm all about homemade stuff. But as a cooking class hero, I'm also very fond of healthy shortcuts. I know these donuts aren't healthy, but who cares! Once in a while a little sugar won't hurt me ;) These donuts are so simple you'll be wondering why you didn't make them sooner! 1 can of biscuits, a bit of oil, some cinnamon, and some regular old granulated sugar. And that's it, it's as easy as that!
The first thing you'll want to do is break apart your biscuits. Mine were very cold and maybe a little bit frozen so they pulled apart a little at the layers instead of at the entire biscuits, so I got a very large amount of donuts out of it (not complaining!).
Then take a teaspoon measurement and core out the inside of each biscuit. If you have a melon baller, that would work perfectly but since I don't, I used the size that best complimented the size of the biscuits. Save those insides though, donut holes are the best! 
Grab a bowl and pop in about a cup of sugar and as much cinnamon as you'd like. I like mine very cinnamon-y as does Mr. H so I put in quite a lot! For some reason I didn't get any pictures of the frying process (sorry!), but it's very simple don't worry! Just put a little bit of oil in the bottom of a frying pan, let it heat up, then place each donut into the oil and let it brown. They'll puff up as they brown, so don't worry that they're too flat. Once it's as brown as you like on the first side, flip it over to the second side and brown it as much as you like on that side. Once it's completely browned, take the donuts out of the pan and drop them in your bowl of sugar and cinnamon on each side, then place them on the plate (or in your mouth!). They are so delicious right off of the stove, I had to restrain myself from eating more than one! Use the same process for your donut holes. Then enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 can biscuits of your choosing
1 cup sugar
Cinnamon to taste
Oil for frying

1.) Pull apart biscuits into as many layers as you'd like
2.) Put them into hot oil and brown them on both sides
3.) Drop them into the cinnamon sugar mix and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...